The Novo-Gloss 20/60/85° gloss meter is designed to meet the measurement criteria for most gloss measuring applications.
Small, lightweight and durable the instrument can be used in the most demanding environments. The high specifications, including statistical analysis, graphical analysis and software-free PC down load facility make it the ideal choice for general gloss measurements.
- Fast measurement, on-board statistics with graphical trend analysis and reporting.
- Automatic calibration with tile validation
- Date and time stamped results
- Easy Batching – User definable batch names and batch sizes for quicker and more efficient reporting
- Software-free data transfer
- Direct data input via Bluetooth – Instantly transmit measured readings directly to programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Auto-ranging, Measures Matt to Mirror Finish
- Compatible with all major international standards
- Extended two year warranty
- Calibrate to any standard
- Lifetime lightsource guarantee
Specifications Technical specifications
- Resolution: 0.1GU
- Repeatability: 0.2GU
- Reproducibility: 0.5GU
- Measuring Range: 20°: 0 – 2000 GU 60°: 0 – 1000 GU 85°: 0 – 199 GU
- Measurement spot: 20° – 6mm x 6.39mm 60° – 6mm x 12mm 85° – 4.4mm x 44mm
- Memory: 2000+ readings
- Power: Rechargeable lithium ion, 17+ hours operation
- Battery life: 10,000+ readings
- Recharge time: 4 hours (mains)
- DIN EN ISO 2813 Paints and varnishes – Determination of specular gloss of non-metallic paint films at 20 degrees, 60 degrees and 85 degrees
- ASTM D523 Standard Test Method for Specular Gloss
- ASTM D2457 Standard Test Method for Specular Gloss of Plastic Films and Solid Plastics
- DIN 67530 Reflectometers a means for gloss assessment of plane surfaces of paint coatings and plastics
- JIS Z 8741 Specular glossiness – Method of measurement
- ISO 7668 Anodized aluminium and aluminium alloys – Measurement of specular reflectance and specular gloss at angles of 20 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees or 85 degrees
Applications Novo-Gloss Trigloss 20/60/85°
The Novo-Gloss Trigloss is perfect for the gloss measurement of matt to mirror gloss surfaces 60° is referred to as the universal measurement angle and is the most commonly specified geometry in applications such as paints, coatings, plastics, automotive interiors and general manufacturing. It can be used as a basic gloss assessment for any surface 20° is the angle selected for high gloss applications such as paints and coatings, polished metals as it gives an improved resolution for high gloss finishes.
It is also more sensitive to haze effects that affect the appearance of a surface 85° is the recommended angle for low gloss finishes as it offers improved resolution of low gloss. This angle is recommended for surfaces which measure less than 10 GU when measured at 60º. The instrument features onboard statistics and the ability to download reading to Novo-Soft.
The Novo-Gloss Trigloss has limited ability to measure the effect of texturing on a surface There are several factors that influence the gloss and appearance quality of a coating; the chemical composition of the coating/topcoat/varnish vehicle, the refractive index of this component largely determines how light is reflected from the surface. The size and frequency of structures on the surface, these can be deliberate in the case of matting additives which scatter light, or unintentional and unwanted such as additive bloom, orange peel, reticulation etc.
Uneven substrates may cause texturing to the coating surface. For transparent coatings the reflective nature of the substrate is also important. Metallic and Effect Pigments, the size, distribution and alignment of these larger size particles have an effect on the reflective characteristics of a coating.
Download Novo Gloss Trigloss 20/60/85˚ Specification